Subject:
Crate Contraption Writeups
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.smart, lugnet.robotics
Date:
Thu, 31 Mar 2005 23:06:27 GMT
Highlighted:
! (details)

I didn't want to post a writeup of the recent crate contraptions we've done
until I had some video to show. Unfortunately all the video I took at NWBrickCon
in October had really messed up audio. Last weekend we showed a nearly identical
setup, though, and I finally got usable clips.

So here's the writeup of the NWBrickCon 2004 Crate Contraption, using video from
last weekend's show:
http://www.lugnet.com/org/us/smart/~48/CrateContraption/2004/NWBrickCon

And here's a brief writeup of the improvements that we made last weekend:
http://www.lugnet.com/org/us/smart/~48/CrateContraption/2005/Crossroads
(See the previous writeup for Crate Contraption videos, though this link does
have a couple of pictures and video clips of the Easter Egg Hunt mini-challenge
we did.)

I really like this crate contraption. For one thing, it has a nice unifying
theme (a construction site) that makes it very easy for people to 'get'. The
only thing I would have liked to change was that we were thinking it'd be cute
to put a whole bunch of minifigs that were on strike because the robots had
taken over their jobs. We should have done it!

I don't know what the next crate contraption setup will be, only that it'll be
different. And hopefully better. Thanks to Gus and Mark, who along with myself
put in many hours of work to get everything working right!

--
  David Schilling