Re: Willmington Greenburg Show reminder...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.nelug
Date:
Sat, 28 Oct 2000 13:08:04 GMT

In lugnet.org.us.nelug, David Eaton writes:
In lugnet.org.us.nelug, Eric Kingsley writes:
1.  We need to build our tables.  I am volunteering for much of this and I
hope we can get these done by mid November.  (Otherwise I know what I am
doing over Thanksgiving).  I know Tim Duggan has volunteered to help a bit
with these but I have not heard much in the way of enthusiasm otherwise.  I
think we can do this in a few hours on a weekend day.  Are there any other
volunteers.  I obviously have my schedule a bit screwed up at the moment with
the baby but as soon as I can I will be getting the supplies for the tables.

Like usual as of late, I'm not sure what exactly my schedule is gonna be -- I
know you posted some construction this weekend (I'm kinda busy then), and I'm
not sure what my schedule is looking like for next weekend (the 4th & 5th) (I
know I'm busy saturday, dunno about Sunday)... I think that's as far in
advance as I know for now...

Just let me know.  I am pretty tied to home at the moment so late afternoons
and early evenings durring the week work for me as well although the current
baby schedule has me in bed by 8:30 - 9pm (man am I getting old) so late nights
don't work for me.

With the bad weather scheduled for tomorrow, which means I can't rake leaves, I
am hopeing I can get a couple of these done myself.  If I do I will post some
pic's.

2.  We need enough scenery to cover a 10' x 10' area.  I know of a few things
but not a lot.  I would like it very much if people would commit to something
for this.  Remember creations *must* be available for the show for both days.

For now, I've only got 2 buildings-- the 2.3 storey apartment/office building
and the small 1 floor store... But I'm planning on doing a few more
buildings... I could also bring buildings from my medeival town, if you think
they'll fit in... they might look a little out of place being half-timber
style, though... or at least they don't really look like modern town
buildings, suffice to say...

Well I think quite a bit of your stuff would work.  Actually I would like to
have a rural section with some of your chickens, horses, and any other wildlife
we can come up with.

I also will contribute all of my trees and some generic scenery.

I've got trees & bushes up the wazoo (ouch!) that I can contribute... not to
mention roughly 100 town figs... not that I think we'll be short in either
department.

Sounds like for now we're going to be using the 'buildings flat on the
baseplates' idea rather than the 10-brick high slabs for building on? If so, I
can also donate a few road plates too...

For this show yes.  I would really like to do the raised version for the next
show if we can do it though.  It will make for a much more interesting layout.

Eric Kingsley

The New England LEGO Users Group
http://www.nelug.org/