Subject:
A brief state of NELUG message.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.nelug, lugnet.loc.us.ma, lugnet.loc.us.ma.bos, lugnet.loc.us.ri, lugnet.loc.us.ct, lugnet.loc.us.vt, lugnet.loc.us.nh, lugnet.loc.us.me
Date:
Wed, 8 Mar 2000 02:31:45 GMT

I realize things have been a little slow on the NELUG front lately so I thought
I would give an update.

First off for those that don't know my wife and I have recently found out that
we are expecting our first baby so that is part of my excuse for not being so
persistant in trying to set up meetings.  I have also been spending about every
free second I have building because I know that in a few months time my
building time is going to diminish greatly.  Then I am going to progress back
through Primo/Baby, Duplo, and back to System.  So in a way it is good because
I will be able to experiance the whole TLC line of products.

Anyway enough about me.  As most of you know we are working on our Castle
display for the Constrution Site.  The setup date is still to be determined but
things are progressing well and we should have plenty of creations to fill the
window.  Dave Eaton and I have been putting together some generic buildings to
fill space if we need to but I don't think that many of them are going to be
necessary.

As far as meetings go we recently had a small meeting at Dan Moquin's house in
CT primarily to set our Castle stuff up for the first time.  For meetings in
the future I would like to see if we can have people either host or setup
meetings whereever and whenever they want.  We have no formal structure to our
group so please don't think that there is some board deciding when meetings
will be held.

If you live in New Hampshire and are into Mindstorms then feel free to post
something and set up a meeting of your own.  Or if you live in Rhode Island and
you are into Classic Space and what to have a meeting please do.

I know that Shaun Sullivan has been working on hosting a Brick Wars meeting
although I don't know where that stands.  I know that Shaun is in school so his
schedule is a bit crazy.

Also if you have an idea for a different type of meeting please post it.  Most
of our meetings have been just a bunch of people talking about the Brick which
I love but if you want to do something different like host a building day or
take a field trip please post your ideas.

Membership is still strong we are up to 86 total members with more than half
those in Massachusetts.  If you want to see the Membership distribution please
check the NELUG home page http://www.nelug.org .  Membership seems to go in
spurts (I can't remember the last time I only got 1 submission in a day) we
will get 2 or 3 submissions and then it is quite for a few days then another
spurt.  I believe that to date about 1/4 of the members that submitted a form
have attended a meeting.

I will be out of town for the last 2 weeks of March so I probably will not be
able to attend a March meeting if we have one.  If there is interest in another
BU meeting or a Bison Country meeting please speak up because I am sure there
are others that would like to come.

Followups to lugnet.org.us.nelug

Thanks again,

Eric Kingsley