Re: Age limitations
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.nelug
Date:
Tue, 4 Jul 2000 19:42:13 GMT

In lugnet.org.us.nelug, Richard Franks writes:
In lugnet.org.us.nelug, Eric Joslin writes:

I don't think that probation or age limits for certain events is necessarily
a workable solution, for reasons I'm not going to go into here (although I
certainly will at a NELUG meeting where it's discussed).

That is NELUGs right. However, by discussing it here, you might get to hear
opinions from other people who have run organisations and gain from their
experience too.

I'm not criticising your decision, but I do think that all LUGs stand to
benefit from an open discussion of these issues.

Richard

If I'm flamed for fanning the flames, this is what I'd like to be flamed for.
I'm gonna psuedo "Me too" on Richard's comments, (though that may hurt you
[Eric], as well.
You, (NELUG,) are not the only LUG in the country. Shiri asked if we, (people
in other LUG's and in LUGNET) would confide an opinion about what we (us OTHER
people,) thought about an age restriction. Coincedently, it happens to be
about you (NELUG), (though it could have been about WAMALUG, as we do have a
restriction too... we just have provisions to work with it, on a case by case
basis). I like Richard am not critisizing your opinion or stance. It is your
decision, and all Shiri asked for was an OPEN DISCUSSION of it, by us, and
others. By all means [Eric], don't make any decisions whatsoever based on our
OPEN DISCUSSION of the state of affairs.

That you feel that you are injured and your rights have been trounced by OPEN
DISCUSSION only lowers my own personal opinion of NELUG in general, and you
[Eric] specifically. NOTE, I did not but a base line on what the original
opinion I had of NELUG, (and you [Eric],) in the first place. I shall not get
mired in that swamp. NOTE again, that is is NOT NAME CALLING, as you [Eric]
may be want to twist it into.

I'm truely sorry that you don't feel comfortable with OPEN DISCUSSION of
opinions when they differ from your own [Eric].

Perhaps this affair will give you [Eric] a chance to grow.

Rich

--
Have Fun! C-Ya!

Legoman34

*****
Legoman34 (Richard W. Schamus)... (No, I don't work for TLC, but I want
to...)

BRICKFEST 2001 IS JUST AROUND THE CORNER... START MAKING PLANS TODAY.

Card carrying LUGNET MEMBER: #70
Visit http://www.wamalug.org &
http://www.geocities.com/TimesSquare/Castle/1334
...(the wait is over...)
..."The only thing we have to fear, is fear itself." ...
*****