Re: Age limitations
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.nelug
Date:
Tue, 4 Jul 2000 19:18:37 GMT

In lugnet.org.us, Todd Lehman writes:
I would suggest NELUG consider as a rewrite of the age limit rule something
along these lines:

  Age limit     Location
  ---------     ----------------------------------------------------------
     21         At someone's private residence, with alcohol
     18         At someone's private residence, no alcohol
     16*        At a university meeting room or other semi-public place
     14         At a truly public place such as a park

     * assuming the meeting place allows people under 18

As an interested bystander, that seems reasonable. Of course to some extent,
an event at someones house is up to that person's discretion. Certainly if
someone's blanket liability policy has anything to say about age, that must be
adhered to. Presumably the hosts own children would generally be allowed to
participate (and if that is a problem for attendees, then perhaps that
individuals home may not be the best choice, but again, individuals discretion
is important when hosting at someone's home).

Frank