 Organizations / United States / NELUG / 2874 (-10)
  Simply A-mace-ing

Let me dispense with my bias up front: I think maces are *so* cool. Those beautiful skull-crunching flanges, that sleek round shaft, that brushed nickel color ... I love a good mace. Plus, there isn't much cooler than a knight in full armor, letting (...) (21 years ago, 26-Jun-03, to lugnet.gaming.brikwars, lugnet.org.us.nelug)

  Re: BrikWars part XII: A Game of Thrones II

(...) Oh yeah-- I think I'd go for the 1st one, though admittedly I kinda flip-flopped between them in the last game, depending on whether or not the troop was suffering from a weakness or a strength. But I think I defaulted more towards the 1st (...) (21 years ago, 26-Jun-03, to lugnet.org.us.nelug)

  Re: BrikWars part XII: A Game of Thrones II

(...) Ooh, Ooh, I just thought of something. Hadn't we also specified for this game that any multiple bonuses (for attributes, damage, etc.) have to be reduced to D6's as far as possible? That is: +1 --> +1 +2 --> +2 +3 --> +1d6 +4 --> +1d6+1 +5 --> (...) (21 years ago, 26-Jun-03, to lugnet.org.us.nelug)

  Re: BrikWars part XII: A Game of Thrones II

(...) Hmmm...Well that sounds rather interesting to me. ;) I have not played before--I have expressed interest if I would be in the area--but from reading the initial post and followups I have to say that you guys are definitely fine-tuning the (...) (21 years ago, 26-Jun-03, to lugnet.org.us.nelug, FTX)

  Re: BrikWars part XII: A Game of Thrones II

(...) Heh, 3 reasons. 1. As Mike pointed out, we're insane. You really don't want to hear what goes on. If you're looking for UBER bordom, I should post the publically verifiable random number generation algorithms we were coming up with. 2. Much of (...) (21 years ago, 26-Jun-03, to lugnet.org.us.nelug)

  Re: BrikWars part XII: A Game of Thrones II

(...) I will not rest until turns take at least twice as long as they do now. I have not yet begun to broach the topic of wind resistance, for example. By the way, Mike: 4 pages of Ghoirboy stanzas and counting. Keep in mind each stanza is (...) (21 years ago, 26-Jun-03, to lugnet.org.us.nelug)

  Re: BrikWars part XII: A Game of Thrones II

(...) Have you actually read any of these discussions? There's no point in cross-posting. No one outside of NELUG could possibly be interested in rules minutiae at this obsessive-compulsive level of detail. For now I'm working under the operating (...) (21 years ago, 26-Jun-03, to lugnet.org.us.nelug)

  Re: BrikWars part XII: A Game of Thrones II

Just out of curiosity, how come you NELUG types don't always cross-post these discussions about BrikWars games and rules to lugnet.gaming.brikwars? -The Rev. Brendan Powell Smith (21 years ago, 25-Jun-03, to lugnet.org.us.nelug)

  Re: BrikWars part XII: A Game of Thrones II

(...) Actually, sorta. I had intended to *not* include the 'not' so that distance and speed relative to the attacker still applied as though the wormhole isn't there (since he has to look at the object *without* aid of the wormhole), but Dan's (...) (21 years ago, 25-Jun-03, to lugnet.org.us.nelug, FTX)

  Re: BrikWars part XII: A Game of Thrones II

(...) hmmm... that's how I think, but that's not how it was explained to me. I will agree that if you can see the other end of the wormhole, and see your target, you should be able to do SOME aiming... but it won't be easy! (21 years ago, 25-Jun-03, to lugnet.org.us.nelug)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact