Re: Pictures and Movies from NELUG Greenberg show 11/17/02
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.nelug
Date:
Mon, 18 Nov 2002 15:24:44 GMT

In lugnet.org.us.nelug, James Trobaugh writes:

Great looking show! Y'all are a brave bunch to have no crowd guards, we have
enough problems with little hands when we do have the glass up, I can't
imagine with no glass.

James,

Thanks, we have yet to add any barriers although we have talked about sneeze
guards from time to time.  Believe it or not but this is our first layout that
we could really consider sneeze guards on, all our previous layouts have had
trains running right on the edge of the table.  For this show we moved the
outside loop way back (4 studs ;-) ) which would give us enough clearance for
sneeze guards.

We do have some wandering hands but it really isn't to bad.  For example only
one train hit the floor and that was because we had a turnout switched wrong
and we were not paying close enough attention to the train and it barrelled
right off the edge of the table (and unlike any other train club we were able
to just put the train back together and put it back on the tracks which just
amazes some).

We did have several Minifig suicide attempts at this show.  One Fig jumped from
the Ferris Wheel and another from the Salt and Pepper ride.  Several figs also
jumped in front of trains at the commuter rail station.  We believe some were
pushed but we have so evidence to support our claims.

Eric Kingsley

Good job,

jt

--------------------
James J. Trobaugh
http://www.ngltc.org
North Georgia LEGO Train Club

In lugnet.org.us.nelug, Eric Kingsley writes:
I will let the pictures do the talking, although I will say if you have the
bandwidth to open the second movie on the top of the first page of pictures
it is well worth it.  It shows our amusement park in action which is the
only way to do it justice.

Enjoy and let us know what you think.

http://www.nelug.org/greenberg1102/

Eric Kingsley