Re: Brikwars/NELUG Meetings
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.nelug, lugnet.loc.us.ma.bos
Date:
Thu, 27 Jan 2000 17:11:21 GMT

In lugnet.org.us.nelug, Shaun Sullivan writes:
Hi all,

Do we have a date yet for the next NELUG meeting?  I was about to post a
message about the upcoming BRIKWARS event, but I don't want to conflict with
the regularly-scheduled meeting.

Hmmm.  I didn't realize we had "regularly-scheduled" meetings :-).  We do seem
to have at least one a month but I wouldn't call them "regular".

My initial thoughts were to have it on a weekend afternoon or a Wednesday
night.  I was going to suggest February 13th (is 2.5 weeks enough time to
build individual contributions?  I'll post the
background/restrictions/guidelines once we settle on
a date ...), but I'd like to make sure there's no overlap.  Suggestions and
thoughts for a date, if the 13th doesn't work?

The 13th is questionable for me because I start a class on the 14th and will
probably have to fly out the 13th so it really depends on my flights.  Plus
seeing that I won't be home for Valentine's Day my wife might not like it if I
took off on her early on the 13th too.

Don't let that stop you though if the 13th is good for everyone else then do it
on the 13th.

Next thought: location.  I'm planning on offering my apartment, which is
conveniently located in Waltham, near the Route 90, Route 95/128, The
Construction Site, Bison County, and various Guinness Supply Outlets.
However, the living room might get crowded if we have eight or ten people.
I'm fine with it and figure we can make do, but I'd welcome any other
preferences or suggestions people might have.

I really don't have a lot to offer hear although as long as we don't have a ton
of people wanting to participate we should be OK at your place.

Also, I'd love to hear people's ideas regarding a catchy title or theme ...
some ideas to get the ball rolling:

Episode I - The Phantom ABS
In LEGO, no one can hear you scream ...
Total Brikall

a pretty weak showing, but maybe it'll spawn some thoughts??  Some of you
(Todd) are really great at making really horrible puns, here's your chance to
shine :)

You probably won't get much help from me here.  Naming things is not my strong
suit.

Eric Kingsley

The New England LEGO Users Group
http://www.nelug.org/