Re: Next NELUG Meeting...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.nelug
Date:
Wed, 26 Jan 2000 18:48:51 GMT

In lugnet.org.us.nelug, Daniel Moquin writes:
In lugnet.org.us.nelug, Eric Kingsley writes:
Followups to lugnet.org.us.nelug

I just wanted to start talking about our next meeting.  I would like have a
meeting in February (preferably early February) to do a dry run of our Castle
Display at TCS.  We could also combine this with a Brick Wars meeting if
everything is set (Shaun?).

Does anyone know what everyone is building for TCS, or are we all just
bringing varied MOCs and seeing what all looks best together?

So far Dave Eaton and I have posted pictures of what we have.  You can see them
at:

Dave's Village
http://www.suave.net/~dave/midtown.html

Eric's Stuff
http://www.nelug.org/members/kingsley/castle/

Plus Suzanne posted that she had some stuff.

http://www.lugnet.com/loc/us/ma/bos/?n=525

Jeff Johnston also posted he had some stuff.

http://www.lugnet.com/loc/us/ma/bos/?n=495

There might be some that I am missing too but that is what I can remember off
the top of my head.  If you have something let us know what it is.  In general
though we won't really know exactly what we've got until we get it all
together.  Which is really why I would like to do a dry run first so that if we
need something inparticular we can decide what that should be and someone can
build it.

Other points of discussion will be.

1.  Developing a NELUG common LEGO collection.

Kindof like the NELUG compound. - I say we all buy one set ($10-$15 price
range) and put it into the "pot".  (If we insist on new pieces)  Or, I can
donate the better part of a 20 gallon container (The condition of these parts
is used, but very nice)

That's a pretty good idea too for getting us started.  I would guess we can all
talk about how to do this at the next meeting.  I am sure there will be some
that don't want to contriute and thats perfectly fine but the more we each
contribute the faster it would grow.  Plus this would give us a great resource
for a Build Fest.  If we continue doing TCS window displays this could be used
as a resource as well.

<snip>

I'd be up for a meeting.  Although I would prefer it to be a little more on
the western outskirts of Beantown seeing as Don Heyse and I kindof got a
little lost trying to get back on the "Pike".

OK we should keep that in mind then.  Plus it would add a little variety and
might bring in some members that usually can't make other meeting because of
location.  Again if anyone has any ideas I would love to hear them.

<snip>

Eric Kingsley

The New England LEGO Users Group
http://www.nelug.org/