Re: NELUG Common LEGO Collection
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.nelug
Date:
Thu, 20 Apr 2000 15:27:01 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

First off I am still very interested in doing this I just have not had time to
follow up on it here.

This proposal also poses a few logistical challenges as well:
Q: How would we store the collection?

I agree that it would be nice to have it sorted to some degree although maybe
not as completely as some of us sort our own collections.  At least until we
find a permanant home for them at some point in the future.

Q: Where would we store it?  (I'm sure we'll have plenty of volunteers for
this one!)

The NELUG clubhouse of course!!  OK not yet anyway, for now it would probably I
would suggest that it be active members (those that come to meetings often)
that can both store it and transport it back and forth to meetings.  Of course
if the collection gets big enough it would have to be split between several
members.

I think that it being active members taking care of the LEGO is important.  I
can probably think of about 7 to 10 members that I would qualify as being
active.  I think that before someone is considered active they would need to
attend something like 3 meetings in a row or a certain percentage of meetings
within a time frame.  I guess when this becomes an issue we can talk about it.

Q: How would we transport it?

However the person who is storing it wants to I guess.

I also like the concept of treating the collection as a local Jambalaya box,
as long as we can ensure that the diversity and value of the collection are
preserved (and increase) over time.

I would tend to agree with you here especially on the part about preserving the
value and diversity of such a collection.

I have already started a NELUG Minifig Jambalaya.  Its mostly Adventurers and a
few other odd figs but at least its a start.

Eric Kingsley

The New England LEGO Users Group
http://www.nelug.org/

View My Creations at: