Re: Pics from 4/15/2000 [informal] meeting in Waltham
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.nelug, lugnet.loc.us.ma.bos
Date:
Sun, 16 Apr 2000 15:03:36 GMT

In lugnet.org.us.nelug, Eric Joslin writes:
In lugnet.org.us.nelug, Shiri Dori writes:

Eric Joslin arrived with a cool VW beetle-submarine (which we were hoping had
something to do with the Beatles, but no ;-)

Och, this is something of a misconception that got spread throughout the
meeting.  I must admit it was built with parts from Aquazone, but it's
actually supposed to be a Volkswagen B-3 'Beetle' Personal Transport.
According to the promotional literature, "with its retro styling and
fuel-efficient reactor, the B-3 'Beetle' is a popular choice with people of
all ages seeking a fun and economical means of personal interstellar
transportation."  According to most people who own one, it's cheap and the
parts are easy to find.

Your model actually reminded me of the Cab that Bruce Willis drives at the
begining of The Fifth Element.  I thought it was very cool nice future-retro
design.

Eric Kingsley

The New England LEGO Users Group
http://www.nelug.org/