Re: Seeking help w/ part for trainshow II
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.nelug
Date:
Fri, 30 Mar 2001 15:45:15 GMT

David Eaton wrote:

I can see what I can drudge up tonight after I come back from the setup-- I
can probably (?) swing 50 1x1 black plates, but almost certainly not
tiles... how would 1x1 round plates look? I'm pretty darn sure I've got
plenty of them... Anyway, I'll check it out tonight, unless anyone else
volunteers for the task? Besides, my plates could use a good buffing ;)

That would be great, Dave.  I've tried the 1x1 round plates, but they just don't
look as good by themselves, IMO.  Right now I've got a mix of 1x1 round plates,
1x1 square plates, and 1x1 square tiles in there, and the mixture does actually
look pretty good.  Mercifully the tender is built so that it looks incredibly
deep, but there is only actual a studs-worth of depth that needs to be filled up
in order to appear full.

I think 50 is actually a pretty conservative number - I don't think it will take
that many, but it's hard to tell how many are needed to take up a volume, since
they're not neatly stacked or anything.  Any amount you can scrounge up would be a
huge help, though.

I've been warming up my buffing elbow all morning ....

Thanks,
shaun