Subject:
Seeking help w/ part for trainshow II
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.nelug
Date:
Fri, 30 Mar 2001 14:25:22 GMT

Hi Dave et. al.,

Thanks for the offer - actually, the wheels came in the mail this week, along
with the two train motors, so it is actually capable of running about - though
there is some question as to whether or not it wil be able to navigate switches
and crossings since it uses model team wheels, not regular train wheels.  One
option down the road is to modify some of the model team wheels by cutting off
the hub - I'd only do this if I had another full set of wheels, so that I could
have one set for shows when it's actually running, and one for display.  I'm
still up in the air about it.

However, I was wondering if anybody had a bunch of 1x1 black tiles or plates
they might consider bringing.  My coal tender is woefully understocked, since I
don't seem to have enough of these pieces left over to really get the full load
look.

I think another 50 or so would be more than enough - I would be more than happy
to take full responsibility for any donations offered for use on Saturday, and
ensure that each and every piece was returned in better (!) condition then it
was lent in - that is to say I will personally buff each coal chunk that I
borrow.

Thanks in advance,
-s

David Eaton wrote:

In lugnet.org.us.nelug, Shaun Sullivan writes:
Actually, I would only need an additional 7 of them in light grey, since I
already have three. The part in question is:

http://guide.lugnet.com/partsref/search.cgi?q=2695

Now, I went on Brickbay last night and I was able to find exactly eight
of them in black (none in grey), which I snapped right up.  I'm just
worried that they might not all be here in time - in case they don't all
arrive, does anybody have some of these that they can set aside for me
to use for two days this coming weekend?

I'm pretty sure I have 8 in light grey from 8842 Go-Cart which I
wouldn't mind lending out... Just have to see how easy it is to get those
old style tires off of 'em :)

DaveE