Re: NELUG BrikWars 3-17-2001
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.nelug
Date:
Wed, 21 Mar 2001 21:51:05 GMT

In lugnet.fun.gaming, Shaun Sullivan writes:
Some of us are already thinking of what the next game will be - a couple of
suggestions are in the works, including:

(1) another TL6 game
(2) a Napoleonic-era game with fantasy elements, like airships and steam-powered
robots and the such
(3) another WWII Brikwars game
(4) a Star-Wars themed game, including AT-ATs and AT-STs and speeder bikes and
snowspeeder and landspeeders and stormtroopers and rebel scum and the like

Man, I wish I was able to make the game last weekend.

If the T6 game was so good, we should play a T6 game again.  I'm ready to
unleash some of my mechs on this game.

I am intrigued by this "napoleonic era" game idea.  I've never seen
something like this mentioned before; has a game like this been played at
another event?

The WWII game and Star Wars game sound great too.  My only worry about the
Star Wars game is those darn AT-ATs will make an appearance again and my
units will simply be crushed.  Nonetheless it will be an awesome picture
opportunity.

I'd also be interested in playing a medieval game too if anybody else is
interested.  I have an army of samurai's and ninja's that have never seen
battle.

Does it makes sense to make this a scheduled event?  Like turn it into
something that happens every 6 weeks etc etc. You guys mentioned that you
have been playing fairly frequently.

Sun