 Gaming / 713
Re: NELUG BrikWars 3-17-2001
Newsgroups:
lugnet.gaming, lugnet.org.us.nelug
Date:
Wed, 21 Mar 2001 13:48:30 GMT

Hi James,

We usually have a Brikwars game about every 6 weeks or so, it seems.  Last year
it wasn't quite so frequent, but in the past couple of months we've already had
three games, one at TL3 (medieval), one at TL 5, and one at TL 6.  This past
weekend's, the TL6 game, was IMO one of the greatest games we've had to date.  8
participants split up into 2 teams, and we had well over a dozen full size
buidling for landscaping.  Hopefully some other pics will be going up shortly

Some of us are already thinking of what the next game will be - a couple of
suggestions are in the works, including:

(1) another TL6 game
(2) a Napoleonic-era game with fantasy elements, like airships and steam-powered
robots and the such
(3) another WWII Brikwars game
(4) a Star-Wars themed game, including AT-ATs and AT-STs and speeder bikes and
snowspeeder and landspeeders and stormtroopers and rebel scum and the like

The best source for information about the NELUG Brikwars games is probably the
NELUG lugnet group - we usually have postings several weeks in advance laying
out the date, theme, and any house rules to be included in the game.  There's
often some followup discussion for clarification or other thoughts.

Hope that helps!

shaun

James Seibert wrote:

I have to ask this, how often do you run your BrikWars games? The frequency
of posts seems to be increasing and I am interested in participating in some
of these events. I have downloaded all the available rules from of various
sources on the net and I usually play Lego Pirate Wars but I would like to
branch out into something different. Could you post when the next events
will be and do I need to go to the NELUG newsgroup for updates.

Thanks
James
"Lorbaat" <eric@nospam.thirteen.net> wrote in message
The first batch of my pictures from NELUG's BrikWars game on Saturday, • March
17th are available on Brickshelf.  Pics only, I'm afraid- no text.  Still, • I'll
cheerfully answer any questions.

More will be coming from me (and presumably others) eventually.

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=lorbaat

Follow-ups set to lugnet.fun.gaming.

eric