Re: Greenberg Train Show 3/31-4/1 - Everything you need to know.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.nelug
Date:
Wed, 21 Mar 2001 20:56:33 GMT

In lugnet.org.us.nelug, Jonathan Dallas writes:
I can be there on Friday at 3:30pm, maybe earlier.  I can also commit to
4:00pm-9:00pm Sunday.  Since this is my first train show, I think I will let
someone else man the layout.  Depending on how much gets done on Friday, I
may come in early on Saturday.

That sounds great but I hope you can be there durring the shows too.  Thats
where most of the fun is.  As for manning the layout don't worry about it.
Only one person has control of the trains everyone else stands around the
outside talking to visitors, each other, or themselves if they wish.  We don't
ask anyone to man the controls that doesn't want to.  I think last show maybe
only 3 or 4 of us actually manned the controls.

I'm guessing that these tables might be somewhat large to transport.  If so
I have a van.  I live in Arlington if that is near by.

A van would be great, although I have an Explorer and Tom Duggan has a car to
help out with my models.  In the future though I might take you up on the Van.
I live in Melrose which is not all that far from the show.

I still think we should do a mock setup to see if everything works before
hand.  I don't know anyone in the group so I don't feel comfortable
organizing it.

I am not sure if we will have time for that or not.  We didn't do it the last
time and it all worked out great.  Only a few people have requested spots and
we still have lots of empty space like we did the last time.  We just work it
out at the show.  The layout is quite flexible in terms of fitting things in.
The 2 main loops of track are fairly static but almost everything else is
adjustable so don't worry about it.

Eric Kingsley