Re: Something I didn't realize...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.nelug
Date:
Thu, 15 Mar 2001 13:47:49 GMT

In lugnet.org.us.nelug, Todd Lehman writes:
In lugnet.org.us.nelug, Eric Kingsley writes:
3. If someone wanted to maintain and FTX page here with upcomming meetings • on
it I could easily link to that from the NELUG home page.

Lemme know if you (or anyone) need help setting this up.  You could easily
link in announcement news-articles and all that.  You could also make the
main announcement on LUGNET and post a copy of it (or a webpage link to it)
on the NELUG private list...lots of options.  :)

Well ideally it would be nice if someone else managed the FTX page, although I
don't think it would be very much work so I could do it.  About the only reason
I would do this as an FTX page instead of a NELUG page is because you get the
nice LUGNET formating with the first few lines of text as a lead in.

All I think we need is a page with a list of upcomming meetings and events with
dates, times, and location information (or contact information if the event is
held at someones home).

I would then put a high profile link to that page on the NELUG web site.

Personally, if I didn't read the LUGNET groups and only subscribed to the
private NELUG list, I'd *want* a full text copy of meeting announcements on
the private NELUG list, so I could be surest that I wasn't missing anything.

I am struggling with this a bit because I really don't want to flood the list
with e-mails.  I guess for each event we could post all information once it is
known to the list but that leaves those that only read the mailing-list out of
the planning process.  I still want to encourage LUGNET participation so I
guess if people don't care about the planning process thats their choice and
will just have to live with shorter notice from the mailing list.

If anyone wants to volunteer for the FTX page let me know.  Of course you have
to be a LUGNET member to do FTX but I think many of us are LUGNET members
anyway.

Eric Kingsley