Subject:
Something I didn't realize...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.nelug
Date:
Wed, 14 Mar 2001 20:52:04 GMT

It has come to my attention recently that there are members of NELUG that don't
read LUGNET very often, if at all.  Their primary source of information about
the club is the NELUG web site and the Mailing List.

This raises some questions about how we "advertise" meeting information.  For
the most part we do most meeting organization here on LUGNET which is great for
most of us but it seems we might be missing a few interested members by not
putting the information on the NELUG web site or sending a note to the mailing
list.

As we all know I like to try and keep mailing list "chatter" to a minimum and
point people to the mailing list whenever possible.  Now the question is how do
we accomidate those that may not read LUGNET without duplicating effort with
possibly excessive use of the Mailing List.  I see a few options.

1. Make periodic posts to the mailing list pointing people to LUGNET (once a
month or so, with instructions on setting up to have the NELUG group served via
E-mail).

2. Be more proactive about keeping the website updated with meeting info.
Thats my job :-).  It could be as simple as posting links to major meeting
announcements on www.nelug.org.

3. If someone wanted to maintain and FTX page here with upcomming meetings on
it I could easily link to that from the NELUG home page.

Does anyone have any ideas on this.  I didn't realize this was a problem until
recently so any ideas would be helpful.

Eric Kingsley