Re: Something I didn't realize...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.nelug
Date:
Thu, 15 Mar 2001 14:40:26 GMT

In lugnet.org.us.nelug, Eric Kingsley writes:
3. If someone wanted to maintain and FTX page here with upcomming meetings
on it I could easily link to that from the NELUG home page.

Lemme know if you (or anyone) need help setting this up.  You could easily
link in announcement news-articles and all that.  You could also make the
main announcement on LUGNET and post a copy of it (or a webpage link to it)
on the NELUG private list...lots of options.  :)

Well ideally it would be nice if someone else managed the FTX page, although I
don't think it would be very much work so I could do it.  About the only
reason I would do this as an FTX page instead of a NELUG page is because you
get the nice LUGNET formating with the first few lines of text as a lead in.

All I think we need is a page with a list of upcomming meetings and events
with dates, times, and location information (or contact information if the
event is held at someones home).

I would then put a high profile link to that page on the NELUG web site.

('Scuse me, just butting in here...)

I've done something similar for LegOz and the various .au LUGs at
http://www.lugnet.com/loc/au/~506/. LegOz only really exists through LUGNET,
but the bulletin aims to be a indexed reference for posts that people might
have missed. Gotta love the FTX! It would be nice if the header said
Local/Australia/LegOz (not ../David Low) ... FUT .admin?

--DaveL (butting out)