Re: Directions to St. Pat's Day. BrikWars game
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.nelug
Date:
Thu, 15 Mar 2001 12:25:18 GMT

Todd Lehman wrote:

In lugnet.org.us.nelug Jorge Fernandez writes:
Hello everyone,

If you are planning on coming over to our BrikWars game this Saturday,
please send me an Email at jorge.fernandez@eds.com and I will send you
directions to my house.

I hope to see you all on Saturday...

Jorge F.

A couple questions-- (1) I'd love to come, but can I still come if I just
want to watch people have fun and/or take pictures, but not actually play
the game?  (2) Since it's St. Patrick's Day, is it OK if we bring some
Guinness along?  :-)

--Todd

Number 1 is a question that comes up alot, actually.  We welcome everybody
who is interested to come and enjoy the company, regardless of whether they
care to actually play or not.  The average Brikwars game has a great deal of
non-Brikwars LEGO- and other-topic-related talk going on the whole time.  My
inclination is to post an iron-clad guarantee that even somebody who doesn't
care to participate in the game would have a wonderful time in the LEGO
intensive atmosphere.

Another aspect of people not feeling that they can/want to play often comes
down to whether or not they have had time to build what they feel are
appropriate creations to field.  My first response is to point out that there
really are no limitations, especially in a high-tech game like this one.
Somebody could field an army of cavemen, and they'd fit in the chaos
perfectly.

My other response is that anyone who is interested in playing will be able
to, whether they bring something or not.  I know I, for one, would happily
give control of some of my troops over to others for their use.  In fact, it
can be greatly enjoyable playing with just a couple of troops/vehicles, since
each one takes on an imperative importance.

Anyway, please do come.  I expect we'll have a good turnout, a gracious host
(thank you Jorge), good drink (ahhhhh), and a wonderful dose of fun.