Re: Question concerning Upcoming event
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.michlug
Date:
Wed, 2 May 2001 12:49:40 GMT

To All,

I think I already stated my opinion, but just so it is clear, I will voice it
again.  I am all for members of the club helping out the fundraiser.  I think
it is a great chance for the members of the club to display their MOCs and for
us all to talk Lego stuff. I don't feel this should be a MICHLUG activity. For
the reason that I wouldn't want the club to be charterized as a Christian Lego
group.  Rather only as a Lego group that may (or may not) have a large
percentage of Christians within it.  If others feel that doing this as a club
is ok, and we won't chance becoming a Christian Lego club, then I will go along
with the group and show off my stuff.  (I fear becoming a Christian Lego club,
because I wouldn't want to alienate anyone based on religous differences.)

Well that's my $0.02,
Jason Spears

In lugnet.org.us.michlug, Scott Edward Sanburn writes:
To All,

I am asking this in MichLUG as a question, feel free to e-mail me back
personally if you do not feel confortable in putting it here.

As most of you know, the fundraiser that Tony has asked us to do has turned
into another debate in off.topic.debate with people that are not involved in
our group, that feel compelled to throw their two cents in, when i feel we
as a group should have a discussion on it.

Anyway, the meat of this post is simple: Should MichLUG, as a group, should
be able to be displayed at the fundraiser?
<snip>