Re: I'm sailing Away, dont know when I am coming back!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.michlug
Date:
Wed, 18 Apr 2001 16:50:22 GMT

Kai,

A little note here, I am using the web interface, yuck! I still am not
online at home, but it should be here by next week! YUCK!!!

Anyway,

To me Lego is something to relax your mind, something to escape from the
harsh realities of life. It is something to chill you down and to release
your artistic thoughts.  But to flourish in Lego intelligence, most
teenagers must go through the Dark Ages, like Europe did before the
Renaissance. As with many other teenagers there comes a time when girls
become more important than toys, computers more important than a television
show.  And for me that time has come.

Well, I for one never went through a real dark age, more like a gray age,
but it is understandable.

As I sit here typing this final message, the last message before I cast off
on a ship sailing into my Dark Ages, I realized something.  Over the past 9
months I have made to many enemies on Lugnet, and I feel I am not wanted.

Well, Kai, I for one am glad you're here, or were here, and am sorry to see
you go. But I hope whatever you do, you enjoy yourself. I am sure most of us
old fogies will be happy to see you come back! : )

I have caused nothing but arguments and debates.

Everybody has at one time or another, including me, but it happens. It is
one of those circle of life kind of things.

I would like to apologize
to the fine people of MICHLUG ,GMLTC and Lugnet for being a complete
nuisance to your Lego hobby.  I thank you for putting up with my
foolishness.  I feel acted to irrational, as many have been keen to point
out.

I think some of us have overreacted, and some people's attitudes are very
poor, and I apologize for anything we may have done to provoke that. I don't
like anyone feeling unwanted, and I hope that is a message to people that
hurt others, intentional or not. Play and post nice, right?

I feel if I go and leave all of you Lego folk, the world will be a
better place.  I will let the great Lego gods do as they wish.

I don't think so, but you need to do what you feel is necessary. I for one
will miss you! : (

Before I go and leave you all I want to point out some things.
1) My name is not spelled Kia like the car company.  And you pronounce as if
you were saying K and I at the same time, Kai, so it rhymes with pie.
2) I am 12 years of age (contrary to many beliefs).
3) 6 wide or 8 wide or 9 wide, they are all ok because they are all trains
and that is what matters.

Well, take care Kai, I for one will miss you, and you can always e-mail me
if you need to talk about things, all right?

Sincerely,
Scott S.