Re: Momentos of Mini-Fest/ buy-a-thon/ Doubling my lego collection
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.michlug
Date:
Sun, 25 Mar 2001 14:35:51 GMT

To All,

To Scott and all,

Yes, this was truly a great mini-meet.  I have never seen so much bulk • lego
for sale in one sitting.  I was agast with wonder.  I spent a bit, but got • a
really great deal in the process, and probably never will again for a • long,
long time.  I hope the helps the Sanburn's out as they prepare for their • big
move.  Thanks again, Scott!

Your welcome. It helped out a lot, in terms of time I had to post all that
stuff, try to get it organized, etc.

Scott, I'm looking forward to the sci-fi convention.  You can count me as • a
positive since I already have two big creations that I can bring to the
convention.  This means I don't have to try very hard to make a display.

Indeed. I might try to get a little spaceport scene completed. It just
depends on the timing. If not, I can always bring in my TLC versions of
spaceware.

I have a bunch of original space mocs that I have up on my site - the • medium
freighters are still intact, which would be incorporated well into the • space
port display that you suggested.  I should be able to have that processing
ship done in time for the show, and I'd like to make some refineries that
can be included into the space port.  I have a ton of 2x4x4 grey half
cylinders coming my way.  That plus a steel mill would probably look good
with the space port, and provide a look of local economy.  I think a
conventional micro mill that processes scrap steel can be modeled very
easily with regular pieces, and it would be to minifig scale.  Thoughts?

Indeed, that would be neat. It might be able to be used for a town setting
as well.

Scott