  Re: MichLUG Table Specs

XFUT to trains.org... I can testify to the strength of these tables. They're size compatible with other 30x30 and 30x60 tables but a lot stronger (and heavier...)... We have used these in several shows now and are getting faster and faster at (...) (22 years ago, 25-Nov-02, to lugnet.org.us.michlug, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: MichLUG Table Specs

The designs look good. Why did you feel the need to make them heavier than previously designed tables? Have you experience an issue with tables not holding up to the weight of the layout? We have actually been trying to make our tables even lighter (...) (22 years ago, 25-Nov-02, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: MichLUG Table Specs

(...) I was one of the people advocating much lighter tables, mind you. But since we tend to do these really BIG layouts (in many cases, 90" from the outer table edge to the inner central space for many many feet) it gets hard to do the setup of the (...) (22 years ago, 25-Nov-02, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: MichLUG Table Specs

(...) NELUG is actually re-designing our tables for faster setup/breakdown at the expense of strength. We use mostly 40" square tables with a few half-width tables here and there. Our last layout was about 10' x 20' and just bolting legs onto (...) (22 years ago, 25-Nov-02, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: MichLUG Table Specs

(...) We went with folding legs we got from Rockler.com ((URL) , they bump the price up a little bit per table. But the time and space saving was worth the cost. Also we've been using spring loaded clamps to connect the tables together, this also is (...) (22 years ago, 25-Nov-02, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: MichLUG Table Specs

Chris Phillips wrote in message ... (...) We (VLC) did this in a couple of places on our folding banquet tables at our shows this year and it made a big difference in looks - we do a lot of automation and previously the wires have been a real (...) (22 years ago, 25-Nov-02, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: MichLUG Table Specs

(...) These look nice, but definitely pricey at over $23 per set of four, even for a club like ours with a hefty war chest to spend. By comparison, I believe that the entire bill for supplies to retrofit all of our tables (currently numbering (...) (22 years ago, 25-Nov-02, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: MichLUG Table Specs

(...) You guys may be doing something wrong. Since we use a mix of 30x30 and 30x60 we probably have somewhere near the same number of intertable seams that you do using 40x40s... and it would not take us anywhere NEAR 2 hours to make a table setup (...) (22 years ago, 26-Nov-02, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: MichLUG Table Specs

(...) I agree, we must be doing something wrong. After I wrote that, I had to check with Eric K., and he verified that it was correct. The "nearly two hours" includes bringing all our stuff into the hall, and we probably wasted some time chatting (...) (22 years ago, 26-Nov-02, to lugnet.trains.org)