Re: GATS 2002 GR pictures
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.michlug
Date:
Tue, 23 Jul 2002 04:20:25 GMT

In lugnet.org.us.michlug, Steve Barile writes:
This layout, like the last one, is truely a magnificant work. You guys are
awesome. I love the use of different scales to accomidate the sky scrapers.
The Main Ave using two rows a raod plates and the trolly line is truely an
inspired idea. A great answer as to how to widen roads in a city. The
sculpted turn table area, wow! And the minifig buildings are great too! I
wish I was there.

That's high praise coming from one of the great layout showmen. Thanks!

MichLTC has a number of very talented builders and we are really beginning
to gel.

The forced perspective was an experiment, because Spencer just showed up
with those neat skyscrapers at microfig scale, and we just had to figure out
how to work them in. Some better side view blocking would be beneficial but
they worked out great anyway. I think having the intermediate scale
lighthouse really helped a lot.