Re: meeting, forum and other stuff
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.michlug
Date:
Sat, 16 Feb 2002 13:41:23 GMT

Amy & All,

1) Do we have the meeting room lined up for the March meeting? If that's a go
and we have a time and an address I'll post a note on the site. And how much >was it going to cost, and how was that to be divided?

ON MArch 2nd, or that Saturday, I don't have a calendar handy. I think Tony
said it was 50.00, and I think we said we would come up with the money when
we get there. As for the address, I am not sure. Rick, Tony?

2) I see by the lack of traffic here that everybody's off in the yahoo group.
Please keep in mind that potential new members don't have access there and >that this lugnet group is becoming really uninteresting.

The only thing we talked lately about in the Yahoo group was Jason's new
ships, which was posted in both the space and Yahoo, and Trevor's mech, was
was posted in various themes on LUGNET.

The other discussion on Yahoo was me sending the link to the pictures of
ther Super Chief on Brickshelf, in case someone didn't see it. I thought
posting it to MichLUG @ LUGNET would have been silly.

The only other discussion was tagged for Yahoo regarding the street scene
since I did not want it on LUGNET, I wanted to start a discussion with
people who are going to be working on OUR display, and I didn't want other
people chiming in.

So there is a reasoning behind most of what gets posted where.

3) When the website is moved will the new host handle mail forwarding?

It will be moved as soon as I can get Register.com to ackowledge I am me and
I can get into my account. As for the mail, it is being sent to me when it
is switched to Northstar. I will work with Eric on perhaps setting up other
e-mails in the michlug.org format.

The reason for this line of questioning is that I had a potential new member
email me and I couldn't say for sure that we have a meeting coming up and I
couldn't direct him to all the interesting banter going on here since there
isn't any. I gave him Scott's email address for membership questions.

We really have not had any "interesting banter" being talked about, outside
of the flack I got for the kids certificate last week. And I have not seen
any e-mail as of yet.

Scott S.