Re: meeting, forum and other stuff
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.michlug
Date:
Sat, 16 Feb 2002 13:34:06 GMT

In lugnet.org.us.michlug, Amy Hughes writes:
1) Do we have the meeting room lined up for the March meeting? If that's a go
and we have a time and an address I'll post a note on the site. And how much
was it going to cost, and how was that to be divided?

My impression was yes, we have the room lined up. (For this 1st Saturday of the
month and every month after).  Tony?  As for cost, I believe we ended up with a
$50 fee to use the room, but we provide our own food and beverages.  As for who
will be paying for it, it was going to be split between the people who felt
they could "afford" it.  If enough people decided they couldn't "afford" $5 or
so, then we would have to come up with another solution.  I do believe that
this was going to be a topic of discusion at the March 2nd meeting.

2) I see by the lack of traffic here that everybody's off in the yahoo group.
Please keep in mind that potential new members don't have access there and
that this lugnet group is becoming really uninteresting.

I'm trying with gentle reminders now and then, maybe I switch to not so gentle.

3) When the website is moved will the new host handle mail forwarding?

Again my impression is yes.  Scott is getting everything worked out with the
new host, but there was some mention of this.

The reason for this line of questioning is that I had a potential new member
email me and I couldn't say for sure that we have a meeting coming up and I
couldn't direct him to all the interesting banter going on here since there
isn't any. I gave him Scott's email address for membership questions.

This is a problem.  We need to be helpful and encouraging to new members.  With
absolute meeting times and places. (Which I believe we have found a solution in
Tony's new meeting place. Thanks Tony!)  Forwarding to Scott is good.  He is
the "Membership Chair" afterall.  :)

I hope all is well with everybody. For me this will be a weekend of cleaning,
organizing and sorting, LEGO and non-LEGO stuff alike. Lotsa fun :-)

Great, sorting is a ever present task isn't it? Unfortunalty it doesn't look to
be too sunny, bummer.  :(

Amy

-Jason

Jason Spears