Re: fleebnorker
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.michlug
Date:
Fri, 14 Sep 2001 05:58:05 GMT

In lugnet.org.us.michlug, John Spencer Rezkalla writes:

Trevor Pruden wrote:

Did you like the automatic fleebnorker?  :^D

Trev,

I'm sorry, I have to confess a little ignorance on this one. What
exactly
is a "fleebnork"? I've seen that term occasionally thrown around on the
space newsgroup, but I feel like I must have come in late and missed out
on some sort of newsgroup inside joke.

Hmm, I just did a quick search on that term on Lugnet. Are they some
sort of barnacle-like spaceborne parasite that attaches to the hulls of
Lego spacecraft (represented by trans-green scorpions)? I see one on
your ship.

Origins? Story Behind? Anyone? Bueller?

I beleve that Mark Sandlin coined the term.  You were correct in your
assumption.  It seems the best way to keep the fleebnorks are bay and from
getting into the exaust ducts is to burn them out with a plasma torch.
Traditionally this is reserved for the lowest of the lowest ranks, or for
grand admrials that have been temporarily demoted to first luetenant,
fleebnork division.   In my case, this heavy freighter has both military
convoy and cunsumer trade purposes, and so an automated version is necessary
due to the automated nature of the ship as a whole (few crew dudes).

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/tpruden/AstroLift-HF310/tdf_hf_7.jpg

Pretty nifty, huh?

:^)

~Trev