Re: MichLUG Meeting - Ringefest - Saturday, September 8th, 2001 - Scott's Report
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.michlug
Date:
Mon, 10 Sep 2001 19:28:01 GMT

In lugnet.org.us.michlug, Scott Sanburn writes:

UPCOMING ITEMS FOR DISCUSSION:

1) Shirts – we need some, preferably before GATS – polo, T-shirt. Ideas,
suggestions, etc.
2) MLTC Logo – Where are we on this? Shirts as well?

We are stuck. Having J2 do it for us ins't going to work. I think many of us
want to give the GTW oldstyle logo a try but we need someone that can do
graphics work and that can find the needed font or a close approximation...

(the GTW Old Style is red text in a blocky serif font that says

Grand
Trunk
Western
Railroad

inside a square box. Sometimes the box is on top of a maple leaf but we are
sort of not so keen on that Common colors are white on boxcar red and red on
black and white on black

We would use this style to say

Michigan
LEGO(r)
Train
Club

ala the other clubs that have done tribute logos. While the DT&I was floated
it wasn't as well liked at the GTW logo I don't think. Correct me if I am
wrong. I think the hard part is finding a font that is close, it's pretty
distinctive)

3) Upcoming displays, meetings – We have one in planning for the 20th of
October. We also need to start coming up with plans for GATS, Confusion, and
Tony’s event. Ideas, suggestions?

I think the nonclub club display is early november, the 20th was a proposed
meeting date to celebrate our anniversary (which I am a tentative maybe for).

Good write up Scott.