Re: MichLUG Meeting - Ringefest - Saturday, September 8th, 2001 - Scott's Report
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.michlug
Date:
Mon, 10 Sep 2001 22:07:20 GMT

In lugnet.org.us.michlug, Amy Hughes writes:
In a previous episode I wrote:
Can you point me to the logo you have in mind?

Is this the one?

http://www.rrhistorical-2.com/gtwhs/gt_03.gif

Well the one I recall had 4 words... GTW Railway and the word Railway was
underlined

There's nothing particularly distinctive about it. Any distinctiveness in that
image is the result of a bad scan. I'm certain I have a font that'll work.

I like this one...

http://www.rrhistorical-2.com/gtwhs/gt_02.gif

Perhaps a Michigan map in place of the maple leaf, with the part behind the
letting being kinda translucent and the part that sticks out around it being
more solid...

One thing to remember is that translucency isn't going to embroider well.
Outlines work better. One thread color will be cheapest to set up, but if
the state was a black outline it could be seen "thru" the red box and
letters that were in front of it.

Amy