Re: Sept.8 roll call
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.michlug
Date:
Thu, 6 Sep 2001 15:53:48 GMT

Steve & All,

Scott Sanburn

Speaking of me, I know I talked with some people in regards to what I am
bringing for the meeting. I will be unable to get those for right now, I am
just finishing up the house in terms of various rooms, the basement / LEGO
storage facility is still unpacked. Here is what I remember:

Rick Hallman - parts for Meijer project (Rick, just bring a list to the
meeting, I can always mail it)

Amy - You wanted tan 1x4x3, I will look for those, I think I know where they
might be at, if not, I can mail those as well)

Lester - Many moons ago, you posted something about the DG 2x3 wedges. Did
you still want those?

If I missed anyone, please LMK. Also, I will be taking names for my upcoming
BB shop, TSSC Remnants, I will limit access to MichLUG members for the time
being, so I will collect e-mails to those interested, and mail out
appropriate information when I am ready. My wife has been dilligently
working / sorting to get it ready, it should be running in a few weeks,
hopefully. I still have a ton of parts.

I don't have any new creations right now (As a matter of fact, my Shell
Station shop got obliterated this morning in a freak box accident in the
office, but it will be rebuilt for the IndyLUG meeting on the 15th)

As for my upcoming projects, I am thinking of a few things for the train
show off-hand:

1) A train / monorail station (Which if I can, be a remodeled older station,
any ideas would be helpful)

2) A GT / CN engine, & caboose (Any train info would be helpful, I got some
pictures)

3) I might build a monorail car engine shed, maybe a duel level one.

4) The Shell Station will be there, maybe a Coffee Beanery

I will bring some pictures of the house and basement, hopefully I will get
my computer up and running tonight, I got the living room and bathrooms
done, I have to work on the office and bedrooms tonight (My computer
hopefully, as I have not checked my mail since last Friday (probably around
600-800 messages), the basement will hopefully be next week. I will bring my
latest NeeD Lego Brickbay Shop order, so you guys can drool a little.

As for meeting points, I think we need to focus on a few items:

1) Plans for Confusion (If it is the wrong name, LMK!)

I would really like to make a knockout display, I would love a nice size
starport, with various facilities

2) Plans for GATS (Ideas, creation sizes, layout, the usual)

3) Involvement for other events, (TRU, toy shows, etc.)

Any other items?

The meeting will start a 1:00 and end whenever we want. Bring as much LEGO as
you want. Of course LEGO gifts for the host are always appreciated :)

Bah, we should get door prizes! I will be there from start to finish, as
Lynn has to work, and I need to see my mom sometime! : )

I look forward to seeing some new faces, as well as the regulars, you know
who you are. Even you, Sprinks! ; )

Scott "Boy, I guess I wanted to talk!" S.