Re: Just got back from GATS...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.michlug
Date:
Mon, 23 Jul 2001 03:20:05 GMT

In lugnet.org.us.michlug, Josh Baakko writes:
Yea!, Lego's are getting better, i like when the pictures show some older
(20's - 40's) people and they look on in wonder, and realize that they never
knew so much could be done with Legos.

The way things were set up, our display tended to be the first thing people
would see.  We had a small information table in front, on it was a 4561
chugging around its oval loop.  Small children (and not-so-small) would
notice the 4561 first, and then they'd see what lay beyond (we frequently
had to point out the main display; the little train doing loops was
apparently very fascinating).

We got more than a few "Oh my god!"s when people saw the real layout. :)

Steve