Re: GATS Update - Article in the Grand Rapids Press
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.michlug
Date:
Mon, 23 Jul 2001 03:21:49 GMT

In lugnet.org.us.michlug, Larry Pieniazek writes:
In lugnet.org.us.michlug, Steve Bliss writes:
Well, we didn't get the biggest picture, but we were featured in the article.

See a scan of the article at
<http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=5745>.

Unfortunately we didn't get a mention by name. Oh well. Making up for that
is the fact that we won first place...

AND the local FOX news, which sent a cameraman to the show, chose to use our
layout for over half of the total show footage they showed. Lots of
signature stuff was on view including Amy's church, Jason's factory with Go
Cart assembly line, Chris's embedded plane, my Skyline Chili(tm), doodlebug,
and bullet train, and Scott's Shell station.

And again, I don't think they mentioned us by name (could be wrong, I didn't
catch *all* of the voice-over).  Heck, I'm not sure the word "LEGO" came up.

But it was very cool anyway. :)

Steve