Re: t-shirts
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.michlug
Date:
Sun, 17 Jun 2001 18:17:16 GMT

In lugnet.org.us.michlug, Larry Pieniazek writes:

I will dig up cites if I can but here is one page to get you thinking:

http://www.rust.net/%7Emilhaupt/decals/index.html

Both the Pere Marquette and the Manistee & Northeastern use the font at the
top which is I think called something like "Michigan Railroad" if I am not
mistaken... I think Michigan Central may have used it or one very similar too.

SO for our "logo" I would propose just the words

           Michigan
       Lego(r) Train Club

spaced like that and done in that (michigan railroad) font or a similar one...

Simple and easy to create.

Although the Pere Marquette herald shown at the top of this page
http://www.rust.net/~milhaupt/pmhs/
is also a nice jumping off point....

However, maybe since PM is a western MI line, we ought to choose something
more from the east side since our population is mostly eastern... I can't
dig up a Michigan Central herald at the moment. IIRC it looks somewhat like
an NYC herald so may engender confusion

(I would argue against one of the more recent shortlines since they are
quite transient and don't have a lot of name/herald recognition. The Central
Michigan herald is striking, though... )

++Lar