Re: t-shirts
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.michlug
Date:
Sun, 17 Jun 2001 17:29:44 GMT

In lugnet.org.us.michlug, Amy Hughes writes:
In lugnet.org.us.michlug, Chris Leach writes:
What outline one are you refering to? Something
like a blue or black outline with the lettering?

Yes. We'd have to make one. When I'm done typing this I'll fire up Corel Draw
and create one for the train club. I already have one for the Users Group,
so it
should be easy.

Um, many other  US LTCs adopt a logo that is somehow evocative of a current
or former line in their area... (it's a tradition, not a mandate) so I'd not
adopt a logo for the LTC too hastily.

(PNLTC, GMLTC, NGLTC at least, ALL have adopted something that is styled
after a fallen flag in the area... PNLTC after the Spokane Portland and
Seattle, I think, GMLTC after the Milwaulkee Road, NGLTC after Southern Railway)

We may or may not want to do that but I would advocate holding off on an LTC
logo (ESPECIALLY one that is put on shirts) till a chance to discuss it
happens... the LUG logo we've already got. I advocate going with that one on
a shirt and holding off on an LTC logo till all have had a chance to voice
their thoughts.

++Lar