Re: GATS church
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.michlug
Date:
Sat, 16 Jun 2001 15:55:56 GMT

In lugnet.org.us.michlug, Amy Hughes writes:
In lugnet.org.us.michlug, Chris Leach writes:
The more i think about this being 19" tall and placing it in that area
next to the train station ... it would block Steve's round house.

I was thinking the same thing. Also, it'd be a tall structure right at the edge
of the table. If my church at home is any indication, it'd get bumped a lot, and
it won't be as sturdy as the one at home. So I came up with the following
solution...

http://www.amyhughes.org/lego/gats-change1.gif
Ok that area for the church sounds good.

The area I propose moving into is pink. The office building would stay where
it's at. Across the street from it, to the north, would be the greenhouse/
arboritum. The church would go accross from the office building, in the area of
9 plates. That'd give it adequate space to the sides, and the big, glass wall
would face north. Accross the street to the north would be the park, and maybe
some keosks.

           Amy the office building in the middle of that 2x3 area works
good.My big red office building sits in the middle of that monorail line and
is 48x48 so that leaves a full green plate between big red and your office
building.
I'd like to place the office building in the center 2 plates of it's space, with
entrances facing north and south. There'd be zero clearance to the west
(downtown), so we'd have to coordinate what goes next door. The west wall isn't
very interesting, so I don't care if it's blocked, but it's a tall building
(30"?) with zero clearance in that direction, so you wouldn't want to place an
interesting wall adjacent, or place another wall with zero clearance facing
east. Let me know if this is a problem, because I can move the building into the
2 upper or 2 lower plates, instead.

Amy