Subject:
In SoCal for a few days and looking for places to crash and people to meet and creations to photograph
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.lugola, lugnet.trains.org.scltc, lugnet.events.brickswest, lugnet.loc.us.ca.la
Date:
Mon, 17 Feb 2003 05:09:08 GMT

Hey SoCal,

I'm having a total blast here at BricksWest meeting people and
photographing creations.  Some of the stuff here is just mindblowing.

After BricksWest I'm actually going to be hanging around in SoCal for a
few days, and then I fly out LAX Thursday evening to return to Boston.

While I'm here, I'd like to meet with as many people as I can, in
connection with the book I'm working on:

    http://news.lugnet.com/announce/?n=1961 (announcement)
    http://www.lugnet.com/~1/Book/ (sample photos)

If you do a lot of building, and this sounds interesting to you, let's
see if we can hook up!

Henry Lim has graciously offered to put me up at his place in the event
that if I don't find other places to stay, and/or shuttle me around if
needed (wow!), but I'd hate for him to have to put up with me for
several more days.  :-)  (I took 700 photos last week Thursday and
Friday of his gigantic stagasaurus and his incredible harpsichord,
including about 50 inside the belly (which is how I got this cool gnash
of my forehead :-) .)

Anyway, holy cow, there are so many great creations here in SoCal!  From
Daniel Jassim's space ships, to Bryce McGlone's and Dave Johann's mecha,
to Brad Hamilton's underwater cities, all of the SCLTC stuff, and so
much more from others, this is really an outstanding area.

I think I'm catching a ride back up to the LA area tomorrow with Scott
Costello and my plans at this point are wide open after that.

So hey!  Drop me a line a this e-mail address <tsl@tsl.bu.edu> if you're
interested in being part of this large photo project!

--Todd

p.s.  I had the opportunity to chat briefly with Brad Justus at
BricksWest this morning.  He likes the idea of the book and offered
particularly enthusiastic words.