Subject:
LUGOLA.com
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.lugola
Date:
Mon, 15 Jul 2002 07:26:30 GMT

Ok, I know that I have yet to make it to a real, actuall meeting still - but
I feel like a member, LOL. But anyways, I wanted to check out the LUGOLA
website and nothing, just some lonley 404 error :( Yes, I know about Bruce
Hietbrink's site - but I was still expecting something to be at lugola.com.

Sooooooooooooooooo I went and registered it :) - now before you string me up
like i am selling picante sauce from New York City (people in background
shout "NEY YORK CITY?!?")... I have some good ideas for this site. And yes,
this would do a really good job of making me come alllll the way up there
for a meeting (hoping you have more at Brad Hamilton's place). But here are
my ideas....

Member pages, each member would (if they want, and to the degree they want)
have their own "ID" page. This would include a pic of the person and
pictures of their MOCs, or whatever they wanted on it.

Links to the few other random lugola sites, or sites lugola has been
mentioned on.

Recent meeting sections - this would have the pics and information on recent
meetings.

Member emails - (this would be after the site gets its own server) So
members could have yourname@lugola.com (based on a webmail system)

A members area, this would be a section that required a password to get
into. We could have a message board or chat room or whatever in there where
we could talk about stuff privately (But has there ever been a need for
this? lol). But this would aslo depend on what hosting sevice we get.

But what I need from you is a logo! And also if one of you can come up with
a good default template for the site lemme know. I will start tinkering with
one - but with no logo its kinda hard to come up with a color scheme. And
also some sort of theme maybe? I am thinking Sothern Cali... the Studios
line would be a nice fit, lol.

I know there are some of you LUGOLA peep that do not know me, but there are
some that do so its not like I am a complete outsider ;)

Right now the url will just foward you to a subdirectory on my site (
http://www.landofbricks.com ) - I do not see us needing a hosting service
untill we have something to host. But I really like the place that is
hosting my site ( http://tera-byte.com/ ) They have some good service and
their shared hosting service is quite nice. But this wil not be needed for a
while. Having it foward to my site is fine for now.

So let me know what you think - good or bad, and are there any voulnteers to
help out there in LUGOLA land?

Mark P
(who is hoping he did not step over any boundries here)
http://www.landofbricks.com