Re: pics from 6-29-02 meeting
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.lugola, lugnet.space
Date:
Fri, 5 Jul 2002 20:40:54 GMT

In lugnet.org.us.lugola, Bruce Hietbrink writes:
Hi all,

I got pictures from this meeting up on my website:
http://www.chem.ucla.edu/~bnh/lugola/062902/lugola062902.html

Very cool to see this - it helps me keep in touch with who is building what
in the LA area.

+ I really hadn't seen the past three or so space ships that Daniel Jassim
made - Way to go Dan - they look awesome! You're da-man! A few comments on them:

* CometFighter: My searching of Lugnet posts tells me this is your most
recent - awesome use of the Ogel Shark Sub cockpit piece. The curves of this
ship are great.

* Stingray: I love the gray\dark gray coloring and the engine features. I
also love that you did some sketches of it before you started building.

* StarShuttle: I love this one best of these three. Way cool ship - and a
good  sized ship (though not as large as the Gibraltar was). The rotating
airlock to the bridge is awesome, the tilt engines remind me of the
Enterprise (TNG) when it goes into warp. I like the access ramp as well, and
how you incorporated the sliding control for the access door. The top hatch
is great also.

You've done some great space building in the past couple months!

+ I also like the shape of the monorail station that Brad Hamilton built
using the Slave 1 cockpit pieces. Brad, you always make great use of curves
in your buildings. I thought it would also look cool to have the Slave1
pieces laying horizontally as windows (for the same floor).

Please let me know if any of the attributions are incorrect or if there is a
website or Brickshelf gallery you want me to link to.  There's one
unattributed mecha, too, so let me know who built that.

+ This is Christopher Snead's mecha.

-mark