Re: Last Saturday (4-20-02)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.lugola
Date:
Wed, 24 Apr 2002 06:35:43 GMT

In lugnet.org.us.lugola, Bruce Hietbrink writes:
Hi all,

I had a good time on Saturday and was happy to meet fellow AFOLs in person.

It was great to finally meet you as well, Bruce. I've been looking forward to it
for some time now.

Did anyone pick up a light gray sweatshirt that says "Nebraska" on the
front?  I can't find it and might have left it at the meeting.

I'll confirm what others have said-it was there when we left the meeting. I
wasn't sure if it was left behind by one of our group and didn't want to take it
in case we didn't leave it behind and the owner came back for it.

I put up the photos I took here:

Nice shots! I toyed with the idea of bringing something, but since I have
nothing new to show off, I decided not to. This marks the first time I've showed
up without anything. Hopefully, it will be the last.

I'd like to correctly credit the builders, but didn't get everyone's name
down.  Here's what I have (from memory and scanning Brickshelf):
Brad Hamilton - Gringott's Bank and white cathedral
Rick _____ (?) - gray cathedral with sand-red roof
Brian Stokes - bins and bins of random bricks • Rick Kujawa (our host) - two mathematical shapes
Bryce McGlone - massive red mecha
Jeff Ranjo - three mecha over to the side made mostly of bionicle parts
Sun Yun - white and red mecha
Dan Jassim - spaceship and two smaller Calvin and Hobbes Spiffcraft
me (Bruce Hietbrink) - Orthanc (black castle), Gandalf versus Balrog, eagle,
Hamlet scene

Ah! So those were yours! I'd wondered about that! I really liked them, but
couldn't find the owner when I wanted to say so. DOH! :)

Please correct me if I'm wrong and help me fill in the two blanks.
Thanks.  I hope to see you all again in a couple of months.

Bruce Hietbrink

Count on it, Bruce! I look forward to testing the structural capacity of Henry's
apartment. ;)

-Dave