Re: Meeting time?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.lucny
Date:
Fri, 21 Sep 2001 20:45:48 GMT

Yup - I'm in.  I be at the top of the escalators in the food court.  We'll
keep an eye peeled for Kevin coming from the elevators, of course, and I'll
try to wear something LEGOish, or at least have a box of train MOCs and stuff.
I'm 6', 200lbs, black hair, glasses, mustache.  (Now the whole world knows me!)

Dave - I forgot about the new bus terminal, so I think you're probably all
set if you get in there and just catch a Centro or walk over.  I was
thinking of the old station on Erie Blvd.  I used to take the S&O to Oswego
from there years ago, and it stuck in my head.  No sense in me complicating
things and having you wait for me there.  See you in the mall.

Kevin - great idea to bring the catalogs for conversation!  I'll bring some too.

See you there,
Ed

In lugnet.org.us.lucny, Wayne Sardullo writes:
OK so we are on for this Sat then, Tomorrow? @ 1PM at the Top of the
escalators?

Anyone going to bring anything?  I'll probably bring some of my newer train
stuff and leave it in the car.

Wayne

In lugnet.org.us.lucny, Kevin Salm writes:
In lugnet.org.us.lucny, Dave Amos writes:
In lugnet.org.us.lucny, Dave Amos writes:
Ed, that would be great if you could get me at the bus station.  I just have
to find a bus.  Im not quite clear as to how I do it, but I will try.  And I
will try to get a bus that arrives around one or a little before.  I really
want to go!  I will let you know tomorrow afternoon the specifics!

-Dave

I know Im responding to my own post, but hey, whatever.  I can catch a bus
to Syracuse, and it will get there at 9:00.  That is fine with me.  Im a
collge boy and I will study.  I believe that the bus station is across the
street from the carosel center.  Is this correct?  Is this the mall in which
we intend on meeting?  If it is very close, I will not need a ride.  I will
probably just head over there early and bum around.

Yes, the new Syracuse Bus terminal is very near Carousel Mall and you can get
there okay by walking. If I am correct, there are no sidewalks and there is • one
highway to cross but you should do fine--sounds like you will have plenty of
time.  If the weather is rotten you may want to catch a Syracuse CENTRO bus
that is going from the terminal to the mall if there is one.  Dunno what it
costs to take a bus in Syracuse anymore, though.

I am glad I caught this conversation.  I don't plan to do much on Saturday
except play with Lego, so I might just come to Carousel and hang out with • other
Legoheads.  If I make it I will be the one in the wheelchair.  Now I will have
to see if I have anything worth bringing along.

For conversation, we might want to have a few Lego catalogs with us so we can
discuss our likes and dislikes.  Who's up for a heated debate over Bionicle or
the current Bulk Lego assortment ?? <grin>

__Kevin Salm__
....Lego brick enthusiast for over 20 years....

.