Re: Hello... (echo, echo, echo)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.lucny
Date:
Sun, 2 Sep 2001 07:47:16 GMT

In lugnet.org.us.lucny, Kevin Salm writes:
In lugnet.org.us.lucny, Dave Amos writes:

Hey - how's Ithaca treating you, Dave?  That's where you're going to school,
right?

Ed

Yeah, I go to Cornell University.  I am doing well, Ive been here for little
over a week.  I must say I like the area!

-Dave

What I always remember most about the first week on campus as a student was how
much my legs used to ache.  Walking downhill especially did a number on my
lower leg muscles, no matter how gently I tried to plod along.  Being in a
constant rush to get someplace did not help any.

So, for those of us who have some knowledge of the Cornell scene, tell us where
you ended up living and what you will be studying.

   Moosewood cooking.  ;)  Mmmmm.  Though a friend from biophys
   tells me that it's not what it used to be.

Personally, I chose Cornell because the food on campus is so good.
[snip]

   If you could choose between Ivies by the food, then I officially
   hate you.  :D

I am sure you will enjoy your time in Ithaca so long as you can survive the
academics and the long winters.

   Speaking of which, if you're at all for Latin American history,
   a good friend of mine (and colleague from my little regional
   podunk alma mater) joined the faculty at Cornell this year.

   But yeh, those Ithaca winters, I've heard about those.  Thank
   God I'm in Jersey!  (Wow, that sounded weird.)

   best

   LFB