Re: Hello... (echo, echo, echo)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.lucny
Date:
Sun, 2 Sep 2001 06:17:35 GMT

In lugnet.org.us.lucny, Dave Amos writes:

Hey - how's Ithaca treating you, Dave?  That's where you're going to school,
right?

Ed

Yeah, I go to Cornell University.  I am doing well, Ive been here for little
over a week.  I must say I like the area!

-Dave

What I always remember most about the first week on campus as a student was how
much my legs used to ache.  Walking downhill especially did a number on my
lower leg muscles, no matter how gently I tried to plod along.  Being in a
constant rush to get someplace did not help any.

So, for those of us who have some knowledge of the Cornell scene, tell us where
you ended up living and what you will be studying.

Personally, I chose Cornell because the food on campus is so good.  The last
time I visited campus I was really impressed with the entire new layout of
Robert Purcell Center, especially Robert Purcell Dining.  I worked there for
several years for Cornell Catering [1] and the year I left (1997?) is when the
renovations began.  Wish it had been done while I worked there...Now the place
is very modern and offers many types of cuisine and has Late Night dining, too.

LUNCH TIP:  During class changes, AVOID The Ivy Room and Trillium if you have
limited time for lunch--they are always packed.  If you can spare the time to
walk to Jansen's or Hughes Dining at the Law School, or the Cafeteria at the
Vet College they are are worth going to for a more relaxed and un-crowded
lunch.  Ala carte breakfast at Trillium can be very speedy, though.
There are more places to eat on Campus than there are Libraries so check them
all out.

I am sure you will enjoy your time in Ithaca so long as you can survive the
academics and the long winters.

Good Luck with finding your way around campus!!!

__Kevin Salm__
CALS '96

[1]  Cornell Catering can be a good job if you want to work nights and weekends
and like to eat fancy foods.  If you have a daytime job, Catering is perfect as
a second job for nights and weekends--unless you prefer to study.

.