Re: September meeting?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.lucny
Date:
Thu, 29 Aug 2002 22:19:56 GMT

In lugnet.org.us.lucny, Ed McGlynn writes:
In lugnet.org.us.lucny, Dave Amos writes:
Members of LUCNY (especially Wayne),

Are we going to have a September meeting?  I really would love to, and I
kind of want to know soon, so I can take off of work for that day if Im
scheduled to work.  No huge rush, though, I just want to see that the ball
is rolling and I can know what to expect.

-Dave

Hey, Dave -

I'm up for it, probably the middle of the month or so...anyone else?

Ed

I had proposed several messages ago that the September meeting be held in
Binghamton; hosted by the Drumm family.  I spoke briefly on BrickLink chat to
Eric Drumm and he seemed optimistic that he could find a nice place for us to
meet.  I also said it would be HIS chance to show us what he and his family has
been doing with Lego (they build primarily Roboslizonicles creations) but
mostly it would be a get-acquainted meeting.  I don't really plan to bring any
Lego with me.

I would be willing to arrange a carpool for this.  Starting at my home, I could
pick up John Rudy, Peter Jarvis, and finally Dave Amos in Ithaca before heading
to Binghamton.  If Alan Demlow will be attending, it might work out better for
Dave to ride with them.

I dunno if a trip to HO/RC MediaMax will be possible.  They keep limited
hours.  I have no desire to go there myself, but I know Dave has expressed
interest in the past.  http://www.mediamaxstore.com/

As for a specific date for the September meeting--we need to pick one and also
find out from the Drumm's if they will be able to arrange things for us.

Now, for the October meeting, I am planning on hosting one in my church.  This
will give us an opportunity to do a Train/Town layout.  I have not make any
arrangements yet, so if there is a date that definitly does NOT work for
someone, please speak up now.  Otherwise I will pick a date that I like.

__Kevin Salm__