Re: Augest Meeting results
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.lucny
Date:
Tue, 6 Aug 2002 17:37:46 GMT

Nicole, if you are unable to host in your home,

Nope, sorry, for now its not a possibility.

<snippered!>
meet in Binghamton, perhaps at the Broome County public
library on Court street downtown; http://www.tier.net/bcpl/.  It's a great
new facility, and they have public meeting rooms available.
<snippered!>

That's been the problem. It's closed on Saturday for now.

Otherwise, the lobby of the Holiday Inn Arena is a good spot with lots of
room and parking.  I don't have the authority to offer up my parent's house
for a meeting, and their physical conditions probably precludes a large
gathering there anyway.

Now here's a good idea.

I like the Syracuse area to meet, but if we can swing Binghamton at the
library to include more members, that's the right spirit!

I'll check the BC Library Main Branch and post here when I can.  I'm out of
state at the moment, so bear with me.

Keeping in mind that simply meeting and talking about Lego should be our • prime
objective at this point.  Also, finding some way to increase our membership.
After we get a larger member base then we can realistically tackle group
projects like Train Shows and such.  Until then, I am somewhat unwilling to
commit to such huge undertakings.  It will be simply too much time, work, • and
expense for just a handful of people that don't even live near each other.

Agreed. Seconded.

Fair enough.

I am all in favor of having a list of things to get done and I even
harrassed Wayne for not having an agenda written up for our last group • meeting
in May/June.  But we are still in the stages of just meeting face to face • and
getting to know each other.  It is even hard to call ourselves a group at • this
point since our membership is so small and so distant.

Oh, we're still at least a virtual group, nonetheless!  Central New York is
an ambitious area to cover, but we have to start somewhere.

Yep

I look forward to the day when LUCNY can definitively plan for a Train Show • or
other public event.  So I keep that idea in my head with regards to a lot of
what I build lately--and I don't think I am the only one doing that.

Me too, as I'm slowly getting hooked.

If anyone has any ideas for increasing membership In LUCNY, please let us
know.

I think having meetings at a public site, publishing in community news
columns in local newspapers, and posting bulletins may be ideas to pursue.
I'm OK with the progress for now, but there are lots of ways to ramp this up
when the time is right and we can handle it.

Ed

--
Thanx~
Nicole; "Now with Masters in Psychology Analytical Action!"