Re: Augest Meeting results
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.lucny
Date:
Mon, 5 Aug 2002 06:07:14 GMT

In lugnet.org.us.lucny, Nicole Drumm writes:
Attendance by a Drumm family member is dependent on meeting
location, don't forget.
We (read: I) are trying to put together a meeting place here in
Bingo but I keep running into walls and delays.

I would be willing to travel to Binghamton at least once for a LUCNY
get-together.  It is quite a distance for me to travel, but I am sure I would
enjoy it.  Car-pooling would work, too.  I could pick up John Rudy, Peter
Jarvis, and Dave Amos (he will be back in Ithaca soon) and head on down to the
Southern Tier.

Nicole, if you are unable to host in your home, I would prefer a less-public
place.  If there is a public libarary or community center with a meeting room
(or even a gymnasium) a place like that might work out well.  And who's to say
we can't just meet in a hotel lobby without paying???

Keeping in mind that simply meeting and talking about Lego should be our prime
objective at this point.  Also, finding some way to increase our membership.
After we get a larger member base then we can realistically tackle group
projects like Train Shows and such.  Until then, I am somewhat unwilling to
commit to such huge undertakings.  It will be simply too much time, work, and
expense for just a handful of people that don't even live near each other.

I am all in favor of having a list of things to get done and I even
harrassed Wayne for not having an agenda written up for our last group meeting
in May/June.  But we are still in the stages of just meeting face to face and
getting to know each other.  It is even hard to call ourselves a group at this
point since our membership is so small and so distant.

I look forward to the day when LUCNY can definitively plan for a Train Show or
other public event.  So I keep that idea in my head with regards to a lot of
what I build lately--and I don't think I am the only one doing that.

If anyone has any ideas for increasing membership In LUCNY, please let us
know.

__Kevin Salm__
....Over 20 years experience building with Lego toys....