Re: Table News
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.lucny
Date:
Wed, 19 Jun 2002 16:23:08 GMT

"Ed McGlynn" <ejmcglynn@netzero.net> wrote in message
news:GxyI18.IAn@lugnet.com...
In lugnet.org.us.lucny, Nicole Drumm writes:

"Ed McGlynn" <ejmcglynn@netzero.net> wrote in message
*snip* • <snip>
Tables have arrived!

:)

I took a brief opportunity to unpack one of them last night and set up • 18
road plates on the top surface.  My sons swarmed the table soon • thereafter
and started building on it.  It's a very comfortable height, and very
supportive.  These things are sturdy!  However, since they use OSB

OSB?

...sorry about the abbreviation - that's Oriented Strand Board.  It's
compressed wood chips and sawdust that has a generally flat orientation.
The chips are aligned in plates on top of each other in a flat plane • instead
of a random assortment of chips and wood shavings.  Makes things very
strong, is cheaper than regular lumber, and has tons of glue infused it
holding it all in a nice flat board structure.  The price is some extra
weight.

It's ok, and thanks for the explanation.

as the
top surface, they are dense and on the heavy side.  Not sure, but they • may
way upwards of 30# each.  All five of them fit easily in the back of my
Saturn with the seats folded down of course, so they need some room to • be
transported.  I don't find them very cumbersome, so they will be a • great
fit
for shows, etc.

*snip*

I think they look great Ed. The overhang *shouldn't* be much of a problem
even
if there's no spacers if you put some sort of 2X4 or 2X6 plate to • connect.
Am I
correct? Or just being a normal blond? :)
--
Thanx~
Nicole

You're correct, Nicole - it's not much of a problem.  I placed two of the
tables next to each other and connected overhanging road plates with small
plates, and it's a tight, cohesive unit between tables.  Probably not
necessary to have spaces installed underneath.

Ed

Goody.