Re: Table News
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.lucny
Date:
Wed, 19 Jun 2002 06:01:43 GMT

"Ed McGlynn" <ejmcglynn@netzero.net> wrote in message
news:Gxwtt8.LLM@lugnet.com...
*snip* • <snip>
Tables have arrived!

:)

I took a brief opportunity to unpack one of them last night and set up 18
road plates on the top surface.  My sons swarmed the table soon thereafter
and started building on it.  It's a very comfortable height, and very
supportive.  These things are sturdy!  However, since they use OSB

OSB?

as the
top surface, they are dense and on the heavy side.  Not sure, but they may
way upwards of 30# each.  All five of them fit easily in the back of my
Saturn with the seats folded down of course, so they need some room to be
transported.  I don't find them very cumbersome, so they will be a great • fit
for shows, etc.

I received 5 of them, but only plan on keeping at least 2 of them.  Kevin
and John B have indicated that they may want one of the ones I purchased,
and I'll offer 3 up for sale @ $30 each.  I think my cost was about $29, • but
let's make it a round number, shall we?  Anyway, it saves about $5 over
individual cost per table if you were to buy from OfficeDepot, and
substantially more from anywhere else.  I don't mind if nobody wants to • buy
these extras off me either, so don't feel obligated.  Just wanted to make
the club members an offer - I'd be happy to deliver them at our next
meeting, and will consider payment in LEGO equivalence.

Here's some pictures:

...this one explains the best about the expected overhang of the • baseplates
on a 30x60 surface:
...it's zoomed in pretty close, so there's lots of detail.  Maybe too • much!

It's best described as about a single stud overhang on each edge of the
table.  The corners are rounded, and that leaves a bit more hanging over
there.  However, with tables almost butting together, this isn't a • problem.
We can also easily design ways to keep a two stud spacing between adjacent
tables if we feel the need, but that probably won't be necessary.  If
needed, we can attach some spacer blocks with velcro and be done with it.
That would maintain spacing between tables and lock them together.

I really think that these tables will be a good, sturdy, cost effective • way
of presenting our materials for any event.  Comments?

Ed

I think they look great Ed. The overhang *shouldn't* be much of a problem
even
if there's no spacers if you put some sort of 2X4 or 2X6 plate to connect.
Am I
correct? Or just being a normal blond? :)
--
Thanx~
Nicole