Re: Table News
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.lucny
Date:
Tue, 11 Jun 2002 02:54:12 GMT

In lugnet.org.us.lucny, Ed McGlynn writes:
In lugnet.org.us.lucny, Ed McGlynn writes:
(snip)

This link shows me an Office Depot 29"x30"x60" table for $32.99:

https://www.officedepot.com/shop/catalog/sku.asp?userid=ejmcglynn&billto=34228494&LEVEL=SK&ID=369009&SID=QX5H3MNJG8WQ9L26XC19L6E61XHJ8LN4&PP=0

This link shows the Staples 29.5"x30"x60" table you refer to for $39.99:

http://www.staples.com/Catalog/Browse/sku.asp?PageType=1&Sku=395529&bcFlag=True&bcSCatId=2&bcSCatName=Furniture&bcCatId=39&bcCatName=Tables&bcClassId=70701&bcClassName=++Folding+%26+Banquet+Tables

By the way, 29" height is much more common than 29.5".  We should try and
stay away from it.  Why not pick the cheaper, more standard height one?  I
don't see any free shipping on Staples.com either.  To top it all off,
here's a 20% off coupon link for orders over $100 at Office Depot through 6/12:

http://click.linksynergy.com/fs-bin/stat?id=KyX0SZ0UA84&offerid=27778&type=3&subid=0&lsnstapp=&url=links/bigbook2002

(I expected to dig for and find a coupon for these since they raised the
dang price...)

This nets 4 tables, lets say, for about $120 including tax and shipping to
my home in Ontario County.

...here's a coupon code for $10 off $50+ purchase, in case you only want 2
tables:  KCLF4805.  That works out to $60 for two tables taxed and
delivered...same price/piece result as above, but smaller quantity.

Tell me why I shouldn't buy these...?

Ed

...I just got notification that the price on the OfficeMax tables dropped on
6/5/02.  Here's a snippet from that eMail I received:

Product Name: Globe Budget Folding Table, 29in.H x 60in.W x 30in.D, Walnut
Manufacturer: • Correll, Inc
Lowest Price: 24.99 Price has changed from 32.99

They listed OfficeMax as the supplier.  I haven't seen their web page update
yet, but I'll give it another day, then I'm placing an order.  The price
difference is already justified, and if it drops more, it's a no-brainer.  I
haven't heard back from Wayne on my choice yet.  Anyone else have any comments?

Ed

OK - I heard back from Wayne in another thread, and he says to charge ahead, so
I did.

I used a couple of coupons for Office Max to purchase item #369009, Globe
Budget Folding Table 29"x30"x60" in a couple of separate orders.  Use website
http://www.247coupon.com/officedepot.html and the first two offers work quite
well.  I think the first one was actaully $15 off a $50 purchase, and the
second was $20 off $100.  Each are only good once, so choose wisely!  Combining
the two in distinct orders was the best way to go.  Contact me for details if
you need assistance.  The KCLF4805 code I quoted above doesn't work anymore.
Heads up - OfficeDepot.com has a back-door referral page that lets you enter
codes, and you won't be able to do it during a normal checkout procedure.  Use
the click through links on www.247coupon.com.

I ended up buying 5 of these tables, and jumped in feet first, so to speak.
The tables will get here on Monday, and I'll post a report on their feasability
and application to LEGO then.  The coupons are good until the end of the month,
I believe, so you'll all have time to use them if you wish.  My cost per table
was  less than $29 each with tax and delivery, so this is the best deal going,
and we should take advantage of it if possible.  I'm sure there will be future
coupons and such, but I wanted to get into the layout planning sooner rather
than later.

More to follow on Monday when the tables arrive...we're off to a good start I
think...
Ed