Subject:
Meeting Min. Brief
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.lucny
Date:
Sun, 26 May 2002 16:30:26 GMT

Well, Of those who travel to the Woodlands were:

John R. (Meeting was at his place)
Nate J.Kevin S.
Wayne S.

First thing we tried to cover was the table issue. I never thought that it was
going to be such a big deal but after several hours with no firm choice we have
decided to go with  30x60 tables. These tables can be purchased for about 20
dollars at a Staples or Office Max. I just have to go back and get the Model
number so once we get them we are absolutely sure they are the same ones.

We also talked about layout. We did some brain storming and came up with our
initial layout will consist of 4 (30x60) tables. We went through so brief plans
on howto lay out those tables. Nate, John, and Kevin I found a SERIOUS flaw in
our design with the tables in a square formation and bridge. the INNER bridge
Arch to next table places the arch of trach in MIDDLE of table. THIS IS BAD! I
have to other ways we can do it.

In the mean time I took the liberty of doing some mockup tables with lego bricks
I've used a 6x12 plate for the 30x60 demensions and each leg has 2 1x2 bricks.
I also displayed some of the layouts that could be possible in our layout. See
Picts:

I think that we are going to have to go with either Tables-2 or Tables-4. I
myself like Tables-4

----

Other things we talked about were trains, we did a nice 1 line layout so Kevin
could display his (Euro-Style) Metroliner with a TON of cars.. The Poor little
engine could barely move it.

We also had some trading and selling which was a bonus for me got alot of stuff
I was looking for.

-----

Next meeting, THIS WILL BE A LAYOUT! we will have the meeting @ John Rudy's
House again and do the setup in the garage @ a future weekend date.

-----

Last order of business will be the tables and who's buying them.. I think the
easiest way to handle this is everyone should buy there own, this way you'll
have one. Since the initial layout will only be 4 tables. I would say those who
have the most stick time at meetings will be responsible for them. It's
probably going to start getting a tad more political so. If you want in your
going to have to make an effort to contribute, END of Story. There is an
understanding that we all have other things as family and jobs and what not
however, this is only going to work if we all get in on the deal. I'm also
going to start looking for other officers to take up some of the
responsibilities of this group. Not that we have a ton of things that have to
be accomplished with officers but more of a its not a one man show...

Things to consider.

Layout Cord.
Treasurer (not needed @ this Time)
Advertiser/ Location Cord.
New Webpage! (I'm thinking about handling this)
Newsletter (future once we get off the ground)

We all agreed in the beginning to wave any membership fee's or
political roles. I think at this point we might have to reexamine that and get
things so we will always handle an agenda. More news about this to come after
memorial day.

Anyhow, get your gears grinding and I'll get back to you soon.
At some point this coming week I also play to look over anything from our
original by-laws and repost them and make them more public for us and future
members...

Wayne